Reconciliation Action Plan
Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) extract. (Full RAP available at our office)
Our Vision for Reconciliation -
Choices FDC Pty Ltd recognises the special place that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) people hold within Australia and acknowledges their role as Australia’s First People of the land we share today. We value and recognise the work and teachings of ATSI people and communities around Australia, and as such, we wish to share our vision for Reconciliation with you.
Choices Family Day Care Pty Ltd believes in the power of relationship. We believe in partnerships, wellbeing and power of educators, children and families coming together to build a community of learners.
We believe, as stated in the 2006 National Apology, that our reconciliation journey is about creating ‘s future based on mutual respect, mutual resolve and mutual responsibility’.
We value and recognise the work and teachings of ATSI people and communities around Australia, and as such, we wish to share our vision for Reconciliation with you.
Choices FDC Pty Ltd Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) sets out our reconciliation journey by:
- Building and maintaining mutually respectful relationships with ATSI organisations, families and communities.
- Promoting reconciliation and raising awareness and knowledge of ATSI history and culture.
- Delivering high quality services that recognise and build on the strengths and resilience of ATSI.
- Increasing the representation of ATSI people.
Recognising and acknowledging the histories, cultural heritages and identities of all ATSI people.
- Cultivating relationships in a respectful, meaningful and authentic way.
- Embed reconciliation within our services and community.